Day 25: Lessons learned in mentoring and Friday night in the French Quarter
- If you think someone is in the wrong place, find the right place for them.
- Ask people how they are doing, and ask how you can help.
- Mentors are overwhelmed and can't find every lost soul.
- Be brave. Help others be brave.
- Practice beforehand.
- Tell your own story. Ask how they are doing and how they got there.
- Accept your own failures as cheerfully as you accept those of your learners.
- Always ask yourself how information can be more discoverable.
- You have the energy you have. You start and end when you start and end.
Friday night in the French Quarter
- Sometimes a guy just throws a whole damn stop sign, pole and one-way sign into the Mississippi.
- I really would like to see a ghost, except for how scared I am of seeing one.
- In New Orleans, tiny goats are eligible as pets.
- Crawfish are amazing.
- Sometimes you think you see a smashed crawfish on the ground and then the crawfish explodes into 8 tiny pieces that are roaches.
- Ignoring New Orleans feels like a grave error.
- Of course nuns brought vampire women to the new world.